Terms & Conditions
Parkinson Real Estate is the trading identity of Parkinson Property Consultants Ltd, a Limited Company registered in England and Wales (Registered Number: 07236689) and is regulated by the RICS. A list of Directors of the company is open to inspect at the registered office of Douglas Bank House, Wigan Lane, Wigan WN1 2TB.
Website Disclaimer: Although every care is taken to ensure that all information on the Parkinson Real Estate site is accurate and up to date, Parkinson Real Estate do not accept any responsibility for mistakes or omissions. Detailed specialist advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from any action as a result of the content, or commentary, made on this website which are only intended as brief introduction to the particular subject. Information provided is for guidance only and any prospective purchaser or tenant must satisfy themselves by investigation and inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in the property details or on the particulars.
Parkinson Real Estate does not warrant or represent and excludes all warranties or representations that the material and information, including advertising material, on the Website is accurate, true or complete or that it is free of viruses or that it does not contain any material which is defamatory, obscene or illegal in any way. Content throughout this website may be changed at any time without notice. In no circumstances will Parkinson Real Estate be liable to you or any other third parties for any loss, or damage (whether direct or indirect) including loss of profits, loss of opportunity or any consequential loss resulting from, or in any way, connected with your use of this website or its consent, whether caused by negligence, misrepresentation, breach of any statutory duty, breach of contract or otherwise. The site contains hypertext links that may allow access other websites via this site. You use such links, and any other websites, entirely at your own risk and Parkinson Real Estate accepts no responsibility for their availability, context or use of such websites or the information contained on them.
Virus Protection: Parkinson Real Estate makes every effort to check and test material at all stages of production and antivirus software is in place on all of the firms IT equipment. It is advised that users of this site run an antivirus programme on all material downloaded from the web.
Data Protection: Parkinson Real Estate is committed to protecting your privacy and providing a secure site. In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 Parkinson Real Estate does not pass information to third parties.
You are not obliged to provide us with any personal information to use this site. Any information you choose to provide with only be used for the purposes for which you provided it. We comply with industry standard security measures in relation to the storage of personal information provided to Parkinson Real Estate in order to protect your privacy.
Property Misdescriptions: Any property particulars on this website do not, and shall not, constitute in whole, or in part, an offer or a contract or part thereof, and Parkinson Real Estate has no authority to make or enter into any such offer or contract.
All statements contained in any property particulars are made without acceptance of any liability, negligence or otherwise by Parkinson Real Estate, for themselves or for the Vendor or Lessor.
None of the statements contained in any property particulars are to be relied upon as a statement or representation of fact or warranty on any matter whatsoever, and intending purchasers or tenants must satisfy themselves by whatever means as to the correctness of any statements made within the particulars or, indeed, throughout this website.
Complaints handling procedure: Parkinson Real Estate operate a complaints handling procedure should any client have a complaint to make in respect of any aspect of service received. In the first instance a client should take up this matter with the member of personnel that has been dealing with their instruction. A copy of Parkinson Real Estate’s complaints handling procedure is available on request.
Intellectual Property: This website is owned and controlled by Parkinson Real Estate. All information on the site is protected by copyrights and trademarks and is owned by Parkinson Real Estate. The Parkinson Real Estate logo is a trademark of Parkinson Property Consultants Ltd. All our rights are reserved.
Law: Your use of this website is governed by English law and any disputes will be determined exclusively by the English courts.
General terms of business
The following statements sets out general terms of business in which Parkinson Real Estate carries out professional services of behalf of clients. Any information specific to a particular matter will be dealt with by separate terms of engagement.
- Place and hours of business. Parkinson Real Estate operate from a number of offices as detailed within the Contact Us section of this website. Normal hours of opening are 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m. Monday to Friday. Appointments are often carried out outside of the usual office hours by separate agreement.
- Fees are usually arranged by separate fee arrangements however where this is not the case and fees have not been agreed in writing a time spent fee arrangement will be implemented in relation to time spent working on a clients behalf. Current rates can be provided upon request. All Parkinson Real Estate fees are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
Clients wishing to seek to limit exposure to fees should request a formal fee proposal from Parkinson Real Estate to be agreed, in writing, prior to commencement of any instruction.
- Accounts Payable. Accounts are payable within 30 days of the invoice date. Parkinson Real Estate reserve the right to charge interest on outstanding accounts at a rate of 4% above HSBC banks base lending rate calculated daily from the invoice date to the date of payment.
- Client Monies and Client Accounts. Parkinson Real Estate are able to hold money on behalf of clients and held within a dedicated client account. The operation of the client bank account is supervised by and is subject to rules of conduct provided by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- Clients property. Throughout any instruction unless explicitly agreed otherwise the subject property and its contents, fixtures and fittings therein remain the sole responsibility and possession of the client.
Furthermore the client agrees that the property is maintained to a standard meeting all health and safety requirements and to indemnify Parkinson real Estate against any liability arising from attending the property. To carry out our duties under the terms of any instruction Parkinson real Estate representatives may be required to hold keys for the purpose of unaccompanied access to the property, by holding of keys for the purpose of carrying out an instruction Parkinson Real estate does not accept any liability for the property. From time to time the keys to a property may be required to be released by Parkinson Real Estate to a third party by prior agreement with the client. The client agrees that Parkinson Real Estate or any of its representatives cannot be held liable for any loss of property,
Any person(s) attending the property whether it be accompanied or otherwise do so at their own risk and the client, or any third parties attending the premises will not hold Parkinson Real Estate liable for any claims arising as a result.
- Retention of client files. Following conclusion of an instruction on behalf of a client, Parkinson Real Estate will retain the clients files and details for such a period as they deem appropriate and at their absolute discretion. Any client who requires details of the instruction to be kept for any specific period should be required to give notice, in writing, to Parkinson Real Estate to that effect.
- Property Viewings and site visits. Parties attending any property under instruction of Parkinson Real Estate do so at their own risk and agree not to hold Parkinson Real Estate liable for any claims arising.
- Limitation of liability. Notwithstanding anything contrary contained elsewhere in the terms of business the total liability any connection with this agreement, whether it being in contract, tort or in negligence for breach of statutory duty or otherwise (other than in respect of personal injury or death) shall not exceed the amount totalling 10 (ten) times the fees due for providing services under the terms agreed.
The client agrees not to pursue any claim whether in contract or to statute (including negligence) against any individual as a result of carrying its obligations under or in connection with the agreement at any time whether named expressly within the agreement or not.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance. Parkinson Real Estate carry professional indemnity insurance in accordance with the requirements of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. Clients may obtain details of the cover held by making a request in writing.